It was 30 days of non-stop action! Culminating in a 48 hour marathon live stream on Twitch.tv. Our Kickstarter campaign is now over and we’re just coming back up from the sleepy tomb as we gather our senses and start to work towards finishing the game. Overall more than 500 people backed our campaign, with an average donation of $40 a person. Over $21K was raised.
So what were some of the highlights?
- Famous game designers like Mark Jacob, who is working on Camelot Unchained, and Chris Taylor, the creator of Total Annihilation, and the Stonehearth bros all backed our campaign. It’s cool when your fellow creators believe in you.
- Our Reddit AMA become one of the top ranked stories of the day, as I went online and shared how I sold my home to fund the dream.
- We created a wicked awesome freeze frame trailer made all the more wicked with Russell the voice actor.
- We held a 48 hour live stream on Twitch that ultimately attracted more than 650K viewers.
- We had nearly daily updates showcasing new stuff never before announced.
- We struck a deal with the creator of Qubicle to offer his voxel creation software for a dedicated tier.
- Bane loves us! Or hates us. We can’t tell.
- Christian dressing up like a penguin… twerking… live streaming… and enjoying it.
We’re ultra thankful for everyone’s support. It means the world to the team and I here at Wicked Loot. Over the next many months, we’ll keep you attuned to all the development going on with Spark Rising, as this game will be shaped by your creative feedback.
We learned a lot along the way, met some great people who helped us out, and most important of all, got to engage with all you fans. Seriously, we love you all. You made all this so much fun. We promise only more crazy times to come! Now that we’re all done, come say hi to us in the forums!