Help Wanted! Job Opportunities At Wicked Loot
Wicked Loot is on a hunt for talent. If you ooze magical talent, and know how to create games like a magic maker, then we’d like to chat with you. Send a resume, cover letter, and samples of your work to: Jobs (at) WickedLoot.com.
Just in case you don’t know who we are: We’re an experienced team of game developers who are passionate about making games that feature user generated content. We believe in sharing in the upside with our team and our fans. We work in small teams, so you’ll always feel like you have a say in what we create. Our office is located in Mountain View, CA so we prefer local candidates in the bay area.
If you want a bit of flavor of what it’s like working here, check this out!
WICKED GAME PROGRAMMER
Wicked Loot is looking for a talented and enthusiastic game programmer. This software engineer must be able to work effectively as a team with game designers and artists. Using the Unity 3D game engine, you’ll help build the tools and features we need to make great games. The ideal candidate is a good communicator, is able to balance requirements against implementation, and enjoys technical challenges and the satisfaction of overcoming them. Must have a passion for sandbox games. The initial game you’ll be working on is planned for release on PC and Mac. Ongoing, you’ll have a say in what game we want to develop next!
- Unity 3D game engine experience
- Gameplay and logic coding
- Proven experience in designing and developing reliable and robust systems
- Strong motivation to analyze and improve systems and infrastructure
- Experience with GUI programming
- Agile development exposure
- BS/MS in Computer Science or qualifications in a related technical discipline
WICKED 3D ARTIST
We are seeking a 3D modeller, rigger, and animator for a part-time contract position. You can work remotely for this position. You’ll be assisting us in making Spark Rising more visually appealing.
- Model simple yet stylized 3D objects and characters based on concept art
- Rig characters and objects
- Animate characters and objects
- Develop, define and maintain production process for modeling, rigging and animating
- Contribute documentation on processes and task tracking throughout development cycle
- Love video games inside & out
- Proficiency in in some 3D tool, whether 3D Studio Max, Maya, or Unity 3D
- Professional level animation skills
- Strong understanding human and non-humanoid anatomy and a keen eye towards form, shape, structure, and silhouette in regards to modeling
- Ability to make low poly meshes and low-resolution texture
- Strong fundamental understanding of the basic principals of animation
- Ability to work as a team player with designers, developers and producers
- The position requires that you have former experience working on a 3D game
WICKED 2D ARTIST
We are seeking a 2D Artist that has experience making games. You’ll not only get to be hands on in creating concept sketches, mock ups, to finished production-ready art to be used in a game, you’ll also be able to create game characters, interface, and even help design our website, and marketing materials.
- Should have shipped several game titles
- Ideally have experience working in the Unity 3D game engine
- 3+ years of experience in Photoshop and Illustrator
- Experience in character, environmental, and UI design
- Strong passion for gaming of all sorts from mobile to console to PC
- A desire to work in a fast-paced start up scenario